Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blog Assignment

1. I signed up for the roots music FYS section because it looked like the least boring one. Luckily, it fit into my schedule perfectly, and after listening to the first week music list and reading a little about Cajun and Zydeco music, I think that I made the lucky choice.
2. 5 pieces of music I would take with me to a desert isle:
The Wind Cries Mary- Jimi Hendrix
Cassidy- Grateful Dead
Down By The River- Neil Young with Crazy Horse
Coast To Coast- Elliott Smith
The Outskirts- Trampled By Turtles
3. I can't think of any particular piece of music that reminds me of my grandparents, but I know that they listen to country music a lot. I was never really a fan of country music until I spent a summer with my grandmother and had no other choice but to listen to it. My grandparents' interest in country music has helped develop my newly found respect and love for it.
4. I don't think I would enjoy any piece of music I really liked being played as a National Anthem, therefore I cannot think of anything clever to answer this question with.
5. I play my radio. And I know how to work Itunes.
6. Govenor Blanco seems like a pretty interesting lady. I would probably ask her what her favorite kind of music is, and if she has any sort of musical traditions that run deeply in her family. I'm sure she would have some interesting stories to tell.

1 comment:

Ruby X said...

YAY! Another fan of Trampled By Turtles!!!

Machelle